baby food with meat?

at the store i have seen a lot of baby food with meat in it? im sure its a stupid question but can they have meat yet i thought i read somewhere to wait for meat until after they turn 1?

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, you are better off just giving him what you eat....they are always changing the rules I've noticed, and baby food is convenient but not nearly as nutritious as home cooked meals....the baby foods that have meat in it don't contain much meat and seems to be mostly corn starch.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i know they change the rules after every birth. i was given mine meat at six months. the only thing is, i gave them what we ate. i hardly ever bought store baby food. my youngest was six months and at mushed up corn beef and cabbage.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I never gave mine jarred baby food with meat in it because I think it smells disgusting! So mine didn't have meat until they were about 8 months and started eating small pieces of what we were having.

Answer by missanc at 5:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It is okay to give it to them. My son HATED them. Then again he is just now (at 2) starting to eat more meats. He wouldn't touch meats unless they were cooked into something.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Our pediatrician said to wait until 9 months. I think that must have changed since my oldest was a baby 4 years ago, but I honestly don't remember what it was then.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My DD#2 hated them and I remember my pedi saying "Can you blame her? Would you want to eat pureed meat??" lol I never bothered w/ them w/ my next 2. And actually my youngest never ate baby food.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010