Do you like tomato based products but not tomatos on their own??

I ask because i'll eat ketchup, speghetti sauce, and tomatos that have been sautaed into my food like this really yummy sandwich at Panera. But I WILL NOT eat a tomato on its own and my husband keeps poking fun at me for it..please tell me i am not alone!

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My sister is the exact same way. She tells me its the texture. LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Sounds like me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm the opposite. I love fresh tomatos, but am not crazy about tomato sauce.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• omg im the same way! my mom, hubby and several other people i know will slice a tomato and put s&p on it and eat it like that and i find it soo eww!!! ive tried it and i absolutely hate it that way. when i was pregnant with my 3rd i craved a tomato and it was the only time i actually enjoyed it, but then i got the worst heartburn of my life so i gave up on ever eating tomatoes again. but i will tear me up some spaghetti, and i love ketchup!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LOL its the taste of a plain tomato for me...like obviously tomato based products have seasonings in them, my husband doesnt like that answer, although it is the truth!
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I used to be lke that growing up but then I discovered that tomatoes taste great when you pick the right ones. Try very red, firm roma tomatoes on a salad. You can graduate from there. Or try them on a pizza. I love them on everything now!!! They lower your risk of cancer!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Not for me. I love tomatoes. But I know others who are like that. Also I guy I knew loved apple juice and apple sauce and wouldn't eat an apple to save his life.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Kids & DH are like that - ketchup, spaghetti sauce, tomato juice as a soup base, tomato soup - all okay, but a fresh tomato, no way! Me...I like anything except chunks of tomato in soup!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Love them both!
    Mom2Many1999

Answer by Mom2Many1999 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am mostly the same. In the last few years, I've tried to slowly bring myself around to liking fresh tomatoes because they're so good for you, and now I can eat them in very small quantities on a salad or in an omelet. But I looove marinara sauce and other cooked tomato stuff, like soups and whatnot.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010