what symptoms are normal or average after getting off the depo shot? adult content

i got the shot 10 months after i had a child and was on it for 4 years straight, ive been off of it for a year but weird things are going on not bad just different, what do most woman experience? so i know what symptoms are pretty average while my body is getting back to its regular cycle after being on the shot for so long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• I just got off of it and they only thing I have are irregular periods for a couple months and sharper cramps.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've never had depo but I know plenty of women have - your cycles take a long time to normalize after depo, it really messes up your fertility. I would strongly recommend waiting to try for another baby until 2 years after your last shot, every single woman I know who has had the depo shot (7 friends/coworkers) have gotten pregnant after a year or so of trying, but miscarried. I'm surprised the shot is still on the market with all the major problems it causes, like 30-40 pound weight gain.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010