my cats eyes?

my cat who is about a year old has something wrong with her eye. Yesterday it was almost swollen like she did not want to open it, it was not watery or anything and there is no gunk in it. Then today i noticed that it is cloudy, and there is a weird light reflection in it, i was thinking she might be going blind in her eye. What do you think? I am taking my other cat to the vet next monday for shots, i was going to call to get her in too, but i was just wondering if you guys think the same thing?

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pets

• I would take it to the vet now it might be something bad like something in there or a infection call the vet and tell them whats going on
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes, she may have injured her eye. Is she an outhside cat? Glad you are taking her to the vet. Thats the best place for an answer for this issue. Good luck and let me know what happend.
    I hope she is ok.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• my cats had the same thing recently call the vet and see what they say if you don't want to spend the money to take it to the vet you might want to buy some boric acid no don't get the wrong idea it is safe it is a power you boil some water add some of the boric acid to it stir it til dissolved get a cotten ball and rub it on the cats eye squeeze the cotton ball a bit and see if you can get a bit in the eye do this two or three times a day and see if you don't see an improvement and it also works with people who have colds in their eyes or pink eye let me know what happens
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You need to get your cat into the vet as soon a possible. Eye problems can go really bad really fast. Waiting to long if it is a scratch on the eye could result in needing to see a specialist. It could just be allergies or a cold butI personally would not risk it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008