Could he be doing this on purpose?

Almost everyday at nap my son will fight it and fight i. He calls me and says "mommy I pooped". Sure enough he does. Like two and three times and I am not talking about a little bit! Could he some how be pooping on purpose? I know it sounds crazy but it sure seems like it especially since that is mostly when he goes that much.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 4:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe he's saving it all up til naptime to try and get out of going to sleep- some kids will think of anything!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i know it sounds strange, but have you tried skipping his naps? i should ask how old is he? my kids stopped taking naps when they turned nine months. they took a rest, but not a full nap.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That is strange that he poops multiple times right at nap time. It would make me suspicious.
    It could be that he is. He could be straining until he does poop.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don;t know his age, but it's possible, like most adults, he goes at the same time each day. You could try switching nap time. Or, if he's old enough, put him on the potty before he takes his nap.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 6:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I SWEAR my son does the same thing....

noel, really they stopped napping at 9 months??? I'm sooo sorry...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Absolutely he could be doing it on purpose. Don't underestimate how smart your little one is. We've been potty training for what feels like forever & DS will always have to go potty before naptime or bedtime. In the beginning, he would do it over & over again & I would fall for it b/c I didn't want to assume he didn't have to go. He was totally doing it on purpose to delay the sleeping in any way possible! I don't know what to suggest to you other than to have him potty before naptime.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2010