• In the Spotlight:

my appt today!!!!

well i am 34 weeks 4 days and i got some news. she checked for dilation i am 1 cm and thined out said i will not make it to the due date but she put me on the no sex till 36 weeks and i guess it like bedrest. said if he trys to come they will let him that he will be ok. i am totally shocked i never had these problems before. she said she gives me atleast 2 weeks if that.. well yall keep me in your prayers and lil man take care

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have been 2 cms dilated and thinned since 31 weeks. My baby has also head down and low.... I am now almost 35 weeks, and still no baby for me.. and I haven't been on bed rest or anything... So that goes to show you that dilation means nothing, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Good luck! I hope he decides to chill out for at least a couple of weeks. Luckily, 37 weeks is considered full term, so if he can at least hang out another 2 weeks, he will likely be okay. They can give you steroid injections to help his lungs and liver mature if you start going into labor early.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't take it to heart. I was dialted 1 cm and 50% thinned and baby was in "position" at 32 weeks. Wasn't put on any bed rest (still had sex once a week). Our little one didn't come till I was 40 weeks and 1 day :) So I wouldn't let it stress you out. Oh, and he was our third baby.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 5:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think it’s weird that they wouldn't stop your labor especially if you do go into labor before the 37 weeks. But being dilated at this point means nothing really, a lot of people walk around dilated for weeks.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i would argue with them not to let baby come if before 36 weeks. bc it increases the risk of underdeveloped lungs. listen to what ur doc says bout no sex and taking it easy. but u could still go awhile w.out going into labor. good luck
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• doc could be wrong. i hope all goes well!
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 5:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I was dilated to a 1 and 25% at 36 weeks and was induced at 39. It could mean nothing. Hopefully it doesnt.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010