I went to the wic office and they told me my three yearold who will be 4 on the 8th was to short but was to tp fat for his age she did not tell me his hieght but he weighs 51 pounds his dad is 6 3 and am 5 1 so what is a good wieght for him anyone knw casue she had no answer for me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I dont listen to the wic ppl they told me my boys were underweight and short... omg they dont take in consiteration when kids are or were sick or premiees.
    so when i took them to the doc they said they are fine. they are a little tiny but... they will grow up mommy and daddy were tiny as kids but... now daddy is 6'1 and i am 5'1 and the boys are like 3 something. 1/2 the size of me at age 3
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Don't ever listen to WIC about that stuff. They are clueless.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You have to know his hight to figure it out....if you post his hight then i can look it up for you
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yeah, you'd need to know how tall he was. But they should have been able to tell you what a good weight for him would be.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Oh, but I also agree that WIC people seemed to never know anything . . .
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would say from the sound of it, he is a bit over weight, but so what?! If he is happy and healthy, who cares right?! Just get him outside and let him run around, and cut out the sugars.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You should take your child to the doctor and get a second opinion.
    If doc says he is overweight, then you should take measures to ensure that he maintains a healthy weight. Eat less, excersize more, make healthy food choices and serve smaller portions of anything unhealthy. Without knowing height it is hard to give a range, but even that doesn't account for body time. A better test would be to see if he has a waist and maybe have % body fat checked.

I am sure that my response will be voted down... but I do not think all that matters is that he is happy. Children are building their fat cells for the rest of their lives. Indulging a child an unhealthy food to make them "happy" all the time can lead to childhood obesity, childhood obesity leads to adult obesity, leads to poor health and early death. It is loving your child to teach them healthy eating and excersize habits.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Googled that and they came up with a weight between 31 and 39 pounds. So, I guess 51 is a bit chubby. Actually a lot chubby.UNLESS he is very tall.
    STay away from McDonalds and don't buy fatty snacks and desserts ,etc. Serve him Fruits ,veggies , lean meat -and it is better to serve small portions for kids.They should not eat as much as a grown up would.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You will have to measure him to figure that out.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Tell them to piss off. WIC knows nothing about that shit. As long as your doctor hasnt said anything he's fine.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010