Rock Throwing

So ive taken his favorite game away, and timeouted him, now what he still has problems throwing rocks at school. Which is a big no no here and there. Help what now?

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 4:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Show him what can happen when he hits someone with one of those rocks. Or what happens when he hits someones car with a rock.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Now? When he's at home (or with you any otber place) you keep him within arm's length. When he wants to go play, you tell him "no, I'm sorry, you can't go play - I can't trust you not to throw rocks". Be very calm and very matter-of-fact. And tell him when the rock-throwing reports stop coming in from the school, then he'll regain the privilege of being allowed to play - unless, of course, he begins throwing rocks again.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Is he angry over something? I mean, is he agressive with the rock throwing or is it just "fun" for him.....any new changes? Any other anger signs? Is he trying to hit anyone?? Have you tired baseball?? Or something else that is like throwing a rock but a bit more constructive. Does he like school??? Maybe there is a problem there you don't know about?????
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• ask why he's throwin rocks
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• explain to him why we dont throw rocks...and take away everything!!! no tv, no games, no toys, NOTHING!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Have them give immediate consequences at school for rock throwing.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sometime's it's not about taking things away from them. Sometime's it has to do with attention. And if that's what it is-then give it to them. They may not like the attention that they get. Plus, when I acted out like that I not only got to feel the attention on my back side, but, I got to pay for it, too! That hurt, more than anything- I don't like to give my money up at all.
    Irontontiger

Answer by Irontontiger at 11:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• he needs to have consequences - taking stuff away, grounding, etc
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010