Anyone else out there have trouble or struggke to keep on weight while you are breast feeding?

I know some people may think I am lucky but I hate it. When I breast feed I still lose no matter what or how much I eat. I get smaller than I like and happened with my furst child too. Anyone else have this? My hormone levels are all normal so def not that.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 4:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes - I have to eat all the time in order to maintain a normal weight while I'm breastfeeding. I just take advantage of the fact that I can eat whatever, whenever I want. Although it does make it a little harder when I stop to adjust my intake.

Answer by missanc at 5:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would recommend seeing a nutritionist. They can help you plan what to eat and that might help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Lol. Perfectly normal. Your body burn calories by producing milk. Just make sure you get enough nutrition and enjoy being able to eat what you want. It's nature's way of saying sorry for not thinking the birthing process through properly. :)
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes- I dropped to below 90 pounds at one point (I was also sick so that didn't help) I ate/eat lots of proteins and carbs(more than in a normal diet), kept taking my prenatals, and increased "healthy" fats- an easy way to do that is to stream about a tablespoon of extra light (not extra virgin) olive oil into a smoothie, salmon and avocado etc are also full of "good" fats.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2010