Gay phrase in the movie " The Dilemma" issue?

I couldn't help but think how ridiculous this was, Ron Howard being asked to remove a line where Vince Vaughn says, ".....electric cars are gay!" at the end of a sentence. Really??? What about calling women bit**es and hoes, and African Americans, ni**as, and on and on. This is so stupid to me because there is disrespect in many films towards different kinds of people all the time! I think maybe this gay crap is just getting to overly sensitive! Don't you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree. Some people have too much time on their hands and want to run others people lives.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LOL... I think the liberal left in Hollywood are a bunch of tools...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• in comparison to your examples, yes, i'd have to agree..its a stupid distraction from real issues in the world..even in the gay-world.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree. I saw him say that car is gay and I thought PC people are going to after that line.

I always say things are gay. I don't mean I hate gay men or women has not a thing to do with them.

so some people just get to gay about words, get over it!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• How stupid ..whaa whaa whaa bunch of babies..I don't see the big deal about the phrase.Like you said look at all of the other things said in some movies and its all good but oh my dont you say 'thats gay.' noooo got to put on the PC ness and special treatment..lol

ridiculous
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree!! Get over it. So what is the appropriate name? And can you only call them Gay if you were friends?
    Vmahoney

Answer by Vmahoney at 5:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree. Words have multiple meanings and they are evolving all the time... If it's not being used in an effort to offend, don't get offended!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree, we have become soooo PC that you can barely speak anymore!! I wish people wouldnt take things sooo seriously all the time!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well, those other words you mentioned should be in movies as well. That phrase doesn't need used as a negative meaning and I think it should be removed.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 5:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Those other words are in movies
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010