why?

why should i let him have what he wants all the time but when it comes to my turn wanting something he tells me no?

babykathy09

Asked by babykathy09 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• It should be EQUAL!!! Maybe< its time for you two, to talk about your feelings! Best of luck! :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• There's no reason for him to have everything and you to have nothing, it's not fair, it will put a strain on your relationship, and you will end up resenting him. It just goes downhill from there until something changes.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 5:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• How about you don't let him dictate to you when it comes to getting what you want? You're an adult and you have the right to go places, see people, and enjoy the things that you enjoy. You don't need to obey him. He has the freedom that you should as well have. Take that freedom and if he doesn't like it he can leave.

I personally would never allow anyone to tell me what I can and cannot do. If they don't like that I have freedom over my choices they don't need to be apart of my life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Don't give him what he wants UNTIL you get yours.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Why DO you let him have what he wants all the time, when he never lets you have what you want? There's something wrong with this picture. Stop it!!! Just don't do it anymore. That's not how relationships work, that's how they break. That's how resentments start, and sometimes people never get over those resentments if they have gone on too long. So, tell him once that this has got to stop. Then put a stop to it yourself, how ever you need to. If it means you cut him off from sex, do it. If it means you sleep in a separate room, then do it. Mine would hate that. But stop letting him have his way, and you get nothing. That's not what a marriage is. That's more of a dictatorship, isn't it?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• On't let him have it his way all the time. Stand up for yourself.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 6:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Stand up for yourself. Don't let anybody tell you any different. If you want something you should be able to have what you want. I have learned to stand up for myself and not to let other control me.
    mommyof2_1989

Answer by mommyof2_1989 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Start saying no.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree with all the PP's but I think that you need to look at this even deeper. Do you have friends and relatives that you allow this to happen with as well? If no, then why would you let this happen in the most important relationship - your marriage? If yes, then I think that this is a way of life for you and you really need some counseling to discover why you allow this. Obviously you know you shouldn't or you wouldn't have posted this question. It's ok to get counseling. I am in it right now to help me find answers to some of my "learned" behavior and ways to change it. Please, if you take any advice from this question, talk to a therapist. They will help YOU realize WHY you allow this and HOW YOU can change it in your life so that you are treated the way you are supposed to be treated! You are worth it!! HTH and GL (((hugs)))
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You SHOULDN'T let him. Tell him he can't have anything until you start getting what you want, too.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010