Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Nuva Ring adult content

ok my doc put me on NuvaRing for the time being until I am able to afford an IUD. I wanted to know some womens experience with it? I've never used it before. Also will my hubby be able to you know "feel" it during sex? He's kinda bigger than average I don't want sex to hurt or be uncomfortable.

Answer Question
 
travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 5:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

Level 14 (1,379 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I had the Nuva Ring. My SO could feel it. They say you can take it during sex for up to 3 hours.
    My3Ez

    Answer by My3Ez at 5:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • u dont really feel it but i know my hubby felt it a bit(hes bigger then average as well. but at least its better then nothin ya know
    JasminesMommy06

    Answer by JasminesMommy06 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • I used NuvaRing for a while and LOVED it! My husband says he could feel it but it didn't hurt and wasn't uncomfortable. My drs comment when I asked him whether guys could feel it or not was "75% won't be able to feel it, the other 25% will be so happy to be where they are they won't care!" lol
    missanc

    Answer by missanc at 5:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • I have been using for about 7 years...I love it! dont have to worry about it, I have never had it come out(which is very hard to have happen anyway) and my husband is very blessed also and in the beginning he used to say he could feel it sometimes but nothing bothersome he kinda liked it. as for me other than putting it in and taking it out I have never felt it....not during sex or any other time. The only problem I have ever had with it is, If me and my DH are intimate within 24 hours of me having to take it out sometimes I cant find it cause my fingers are short. sex will push it up but your muscles will push it back down. Just wait a few more hours and i'm usually fine. and my doc said its next to impossible for it to get pushed anywhere it shouldnt be.
    Finkette

    Answer by Finkette at 5:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • I loved the nuvaring the first time I used it for a few months. Honestly I don't remember if my DH could feel it or not, so it must not have been an issue.
    twinmama2five

    Answer by twinmama2five at 5:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • no help here ive only been on the pill
    mama2my2boys

    Answer by mama2my2boys at 5:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • I have to say I hated it. I had sooooo many problems with it! Yes the hubby could feel it (and unlike everyone else on here, he isnt larger than most) He said it was kinda weird, but not painful, just strange. I had problems other than that though. I constantly was battling irritation where it was placed. I had excessive discharge (because my body was trying to get it out) It gave me terrible headaches. I had worse cramps on my period than ever before. I have been on and off BC forever, but my periods were always regular down to a 3 hour window. As soon as I quit Nuva, I have not had a regular period since (3 years) It made me very moody and caused heart palpitations.... Didn't love that, so i quit it.
    Pumelo

    Answer by Pumelo at 7:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • I have the nuva ring and I don't mind it. My SO feels it but it doesn't make it any different. He still enjoys. I wish you luck!
    mommyof2_1989

    Answer by mommyof2_1989 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • I was on the nuva ring for 10 months after I had my daughter and then found out I was pregnant. I lost the baby at 3 months. I went back on the nuva ring figuring it was a fluke and couldn't happen again. Well sure enough not even 3 months later I had another miscarriage. I personally will NEVER use it again. I know everyone is different and you may never experience what I have. GL
    jnsdrf

    Answer by jnsdrf at 9:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN