Paternity Positive, Now visitation and back to dealing with harasssing ex.

Husband had paternity test on child with his ex, (with good reason as suggested by court and child support office) and child is his, not a surprise, but now that everything but visitation in place, I am getting stressed ove rhaving to deal with childs mother as we do have restraining order as she continually stalked and harassed us both. Now that visitation will start soon, my children will also be called names brought into this non sense as mothe rhas no boundaries, I am scared as how this will affect my marrige, scared i might not be able to handle it if harassement continues and i can handle the name calling but not against my own daughters. I do not want to hold what childs mother does against child, but im scared as this has been going on for 2 and 1/2 years already, will not stop so I guess i need tips on how to deal with harassment, any ideas?

DKK2010

Asked by DKK2010 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• If the harrassment contunies the only thing you can do is go back to court. Make sure you keep proof of everything and anything you can. You will need it!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, document everything! Maybe fight for full custody? Find a support group, that might help. There might be people there, going through the exact or close to the same thing with better advice. And find a good therapist. You need to build a strong, united front with your hubby. This is hard on him, too. You guys need to be able to be open with each other.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Document EVERYTHING! If you decide to push for full custody and try to keep visits with mom to a minimum, you'll need every shred of evidence you can get. Aside from that, dealing with something like this isn't going to be easy for anyone, I would suggest counseling for everyone involved, it can help keep everyone in a healthy frame of mind and give you tools to better deal with the crazy ex.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 6:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Agree with PP's. Good luck with everything.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 6:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010