My cat wont stop!!!!!! Please help

What can I do my cat wont stop peeing and pooping on my sons bed I love my cat and want to keep it and I have been keeping her out side but now its getting cold at night why is she doing this and what can I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pets

• hi there are so many good answers here the spray does work but i would clean the matress really good then put spray on matress it does smell really bad when you 1st spray it but the smell goes away to us but the cat can still smell it. i would check at the vet our cat was peeingf in our dd room we took her to the vet and she had a terrible infection as soon as we got that taken care of she quit peeing in her room. it is also very common that a outdoor cat will pee in the house we have had outdoor cats it is also common that some cats are very picky about their litter boxes and you have to clean it out everyday, or if you have more than 1 cat. hope your situation gets better. you have a lot of good answers i hope one helps. good luck
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 9:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• ouch the only thing i can think of is keeping his door closed and pointing it out to her telling her no and taking her to the litter box... cats are smart... she should have figured this out by now... so im not really sure
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• They do make sprays that give a bad odor to the cat and will make the cat not go anywhere near the bed. You could prolly look at Petco or Petsmart or even Wal-Mart. No clue as to why the cat is doing that though. Is she fixed?
    Navy_Wife_Tisha

Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 2:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Being an outside cat she is problaly not used to being inside. If she does this only at night Keep her in a large crate till morning. Or put a screen door on your son's room and that will keep her out! Good luck
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Is she old and possibly ill?
    If not, is she pissed off at you for something? Do you spend less time with her? If she was just peeing, I would say have her checked for an infection, but since it's both it sounds like it's definitely attitude related. Maybe keep her outside when you are not home to keep an eye on her or put her in the bathroom or another enclosed area with a litter box. Keep your son's door closed so the little stinker can't get in his room, but be prepared for her to find another place to show her discontent. I would definitely search the web for more suggestions.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes she is fixed she just started this it is so strang we have a litter box and she knows where it is but any chance she gets she poops on the bed I think she is mad at my son lol
    Anonymous

• if cats can smell their poop or pee theyll keep doing it. you need to get a deep cleaner for the mattress and the sheets and bloanket and stuff. regular laundry detergent may not do it. they do make stuff to get the scent out. but you definitely have to scrub it all real good with the special cleaners that you can get at petsmart and walmart (petsmart or petco has a better selection) that should stop her. but until then keep her out of the room. i had to do this before and we didnt want to keep my daughters room completely closed off because it was hard to keep temp steady, so we used baby gates. one wont do it, you can stack them two or even 3 high (3 will cover the door completely so youll have to take out the mid one to get in and out, it sounds like a pain but it works
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thank you I will try them all anything right now My son wont sleep on his bed now he knows the cat peed on it
    Anonymous

• Have you tried taking her to the vet to rule out infection? I was like you and had a problem cat...I tried everything! I finally took the cat to the vet and turned out he had a bladder infection--he actually had blood in his urine. Poor kitty suffered much longer with it than he should have. Looking back, I wish I had taken the vet route first.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It's a good idea to have her checked out at the vet's. And keeping your son's door closed is another good idea. We used to have our cats sleep in the basement but if you don't have one then maybe you could put her in the bathroom with her litter box. If a grown cat who has never messed before starts peeing outside the litter box and especially in one particular spot it's usually a sign of a problem. This is one way a cat acts out.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 9:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008