Why is this happening?

My 21 month old started waking up during the night every night for the past week in a half. I dont know if she is having night mares or is going through some type of withdrawl, every night between 3:26 and 3:30. Has this happened with any of your children?

Brooklynsmom119

Asked by Brooklynsmom119 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son started this at 2 years old.. lilke the day he turned 2 years old actually.. some nights they are bad dreams, some nights i can't get more out of him other than "mommy mommy" I tried to battle, be tough, reason, rewards.. he is turning 3 in 2 weeks.. some nights are better than others -maybe 2 nights a week he will sleep through the night - no reason still - and not a habit because its not every night.. I wonder now jsut about general anxiety because he does tend to be very serious and a worryier but who knows.. good luck, I know its tough!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We're going throughthe same thing with our 2 year old DS. I also have no reson for it. Been going on for about 2 weeks, between 2:30 and 3:30. Hope someone has some ideas.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Is there a house nearby where an alarm could be going off? Is there a dog nearby barking? Certain sounds, even from a tv in the house, can easily wake a child. Other things could be having to go to the bathroom, or getting thirsty. Mine wakes up every night between 2:30 and 3, and usually a diaper change and a cuppa does the trick. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes my daughter did that too... and she only went thru it for about 2 weeks. So my husband and i came to the conclusion that she just wanted to know that we were there. and wanted to be comforted. yes she did BEG to get in our bed with us. but that didnt last long.. so we made it clear that she wasnt gonna do this again. each night b4 she goes to bed we have family time. when it doesnt happen she will wake up during the night.
    KCsMom08

Answer by KCsMom08 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes. i chalked it up to nightares too. or maybe teething pain.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 6:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• bump
    Brooklynsmom119

Comment by Brooklynsmom119 (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• when this happened with DD it was because she was teething or going through a growth spurt. Could also be gas or discomfort of some sort
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 6:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes, i have my daughter pee befor bed,and she never pees in bed at night,,she wakes up becouse she has to use the rest room and wants something to drink..i dont know but this is why my child wakes up almost every night..mabe ur lil one is thirsty..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010