How long should i wait until i tell people that i'm prego

I am 7 weeks today. some ppl know that i am. as in close friends. and family. this is my 2nd pregnancy and im starting to show that ive gained some weight. and alot of ppl ask me if i am. not sure if its "safe" to tell them. if that makes sense

What do u think?

KCsMom08

Asked by KCsMom08 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is really up to you. How you feel about it. Congrats!
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i told everyone as soon as i found out both pregnancies lol. Congrats btw! :)
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I told people right away. MY feeling about it is that if something happened, then the people I knew could be there to support me if I needed it. I think it would be terribly lonely to deal with the loss of a pregnancy by myself.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• it's a personal pref but some wait until 13 weeks. I waited to tell my employer until 16 weeks. I told close family and friends right away.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 6:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• This is my 3rd and we are waiting for the end of the first trimester just so if something happens we don't have the pain of un-telling. On the other hand if at around 9 weeks you have an u/s that says you're all good I think telling everyone is fine.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 6:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The reason i asked is bc i want to let it out so bad!!! hahhaa. but at the same time i miscarried my first pregnancy at 5 weeks. so im kinda iffy on it.

oh wth im gonna let it out! LOL
    KCsMom08

Comment by KCsMom08 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I told everyone like when i got an ultra sound, because i was paranoid about her being a competent pregnancy.. That was silly.. so i think like as soon as you find out because its such blessed news.:)
    Coral23

Answer by Coral23 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I was told to wait until my first ultrasound. I'm 5 weeks and I've told my dad and one friend. I have my first ultrasound in 2 weeks. Congrats on the pregnancy!
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 6:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I told my family and close friends when I found out, but didn't let everyone else know until I was about 4 months.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 6:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• congrats!! I told everyone after 12 wks just for the safe side. It's hard to not tell anyone tho
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010