Miscarriage...

Found out today that I lost my baby... I was 6 weeks along. Never had a miscarriage before, anyone know of how to cheer yourself up? I am so bummed... and emotional. Just dont know how to act or react. Any advice is welcomed.

Hezekiahs_mom

Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 6:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• It will get better with time, I promise. I'm so sorry for your loss. :( I have been there and I felt like I would never bounce back from it. The best thing you can do is take it easy on yourself...you're grieving...and talk about it with someone else if you want to. Use this time to relax when you can, watch movies, read books, etc. Don't think you have to get back out there and feel amazing right away!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We had a miscarriage at 13 weeks (twins) in 07' I dont know much to make you feel better. We cried a lot that seemed to help. Talk, join a support group!! I know its hard! Good Luck
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had a miscarriage yrs ago Honestly I cuddled with my hubby and tried to not be depressed its hard :( Time made it better for me..... ((HUGS))
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Thank you =D. I am really trying to keep my mind off of it... but its so hard.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Comment by Hezekiahs_mom (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• just take it one day at a time. there's no right or wrong way to react to this. your hormones are going to be jacked up for a bit, as normal, which will play with your emotions, as well. there is a group here on CM for moms who have miscarried. look it up, and find common ground with the regulars.
    you've lost a child. you will grieve. you will be sad, mad, angry, and sad all over again. a year from now, you will be sad again. i wish i could tell you something to magically take the pain away, but i can't. just remember to breathe, darlin.
    so sorry for your loss!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Hugs! I am so very sorry for your loss. My 'advice' is to let yourself grieve, cry (if you feel like it) and let it out. A thought journal or a loss support group might be a good idea as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Hugs, mama. Give yourself time to grieve. Be with your husband /SO and be there for each other.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I just had one this summer at about 6 weeks too. The only one i've ever had. It's amazing how much it can affect you after just a short amount of time. I only knew i was pregnant for about 5 days before i lost it and it still killed me! Just keep your head up, and try to keep looking ahead. It'll get easier to deal with.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 6:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Being a mom to my little girl helped me a lot when I lost a baby to ectopic. I let all my mothering energy be funneled toward her. Having an outlet for it was good for me. I also just allowed myself to feel whatever I was going to feel. Take a long, hot bath and cry if you need to and relax. Give yourself some you time and let yourself start to heal.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I never had one, but it seems like you and your so should talk an comfort each other and find someone who's been there AND TALK.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010