how do i loose wieght while nursing? is it possible?

yummlicious

Asked by yummlicious at 6:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely, but don't go too crazy. Losing a lot of fat really quick will release a lot of toxins from your fat cells and you don't really want that going into the milk. I found that it was mostly just a matter of getting back into healthy meals and cutting out all the stress-eating that I did right after baby came home. But then, you might also hold onto a few extra pounds until you wean, maybe about 15 or so. That is where I am hovering right now and I just don't want to rush weaning so I can lose that weight, especially since I know this is my last baby!
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• actually yes it is but you have to eat healthy portions of fruit and veggies no junk and walk alot with the baby i love to have a good meal like my pizza ect and im addicited to candy then i had my second son and did the whole nutrion thing and failed but salads,vitamins,walking,plenty oh water youll shed weight like mad i was 190 after my son three months later i was 145 so good luck hope it helps workd for me.
    magical_mommy

Answer by magical_mommy at 6:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Are you kidding? Its the best diet ever!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Actually nursing alone is one of the best things you can do to lose pregnancy weight! I'm not sure on the exact amount, but nursing burns TONS of calories. So yes you can lose weight while nursing. As long as you keep up with good water intake, a good balance of healthy foods, it shouldn't effect your milk supply.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You need more calories while nursing than you did while pregnant. Some women hold on to a little extra fat while nursing as "reserves". Get lots of exercise and eat right!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 6:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010