How do I research the idea of putting a fast food joint on our highways?

I would like to petition our local legislators and other potentially interested parties
on the idea of putting a fast food joint on our highways. I am an average citizen. I do
not belong to any relevant organization to such matter other than the fact that I
think it would be a great idea.

pinthemix

Asked by pinthemix at 6:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you are in state with "rest areas" along thruways then you already have them, but a highway within city limits wouldn't be a good idea, cutting people off for a happy meal will add to congestion and the purpose of highways is to get from point a to b without any stops in between, or distractions of lights, stop signs, and businesses within city streets
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You would have to find out whether the income brought into the area would out weight the cost of building it. This means you'll need to do a lot of research on other areas who brought fast food restaurants in.

I have to disagree with Mom2Jack04, not all rest areas have restaurants. Around here hardly any of them have them. And our highways go through very congested areas of the city where people are constantly getting on and off for restaurants and to go shopping. That's part of the reason why the highway is there.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010