if smoking weed was made legal...do you think people would smoke it like they do to cigarettes?

like in front of kids,
on buses,
in public?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL no... except the people that already do... I don't think anyone who advocates legalization is thinking that marijuana should be treated like cigarettes - more like alcohol. it's not like people are going to go out for a smoke break at work and get high (any more than they go out and have alcohol, which is pretty much a no-no at any job). They're not going to go driving around getting high, etc. Of course there are people who do that now and who abuse alcohol in this and other ways now - but legalization of marijuana isn't going to encourage everyone to go nuts. In fact, I seriously doubt that many people who do not already use it will start just because it's legal. There are alot of pot smokers who just won't get harrassed anymore and police/jail money wasted on something so innocuous (on the continuum)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No. It would be sold and regulated like alcohol. With specific rules in regards to the sale, the purchase and the consumption of it.

People can not just walk down the street enjoying a cocktail.. lol.. People would not be able to just walk down the street smoking a bowl either..lol

Granted there are fools of all stripes. And just as some are irresponsible drinkers, and who do drink where they shouldn't, do drink and drive, do drink and just misbehave badly overall.. There would be fools who partake in marijuana as well.

However, just like society as a whole does not condemn/hold responsible all who drink/alcohol itself for the actions of those particular fools. I do not feel society as a a whole should condemn all those who partake in marijuana/marijuana itself by the action of those fools either.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No, I think it would be used like alcohol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If it were legal, I am sure there would be laws about smoking it in public. If you were so dumb as to smoke it in front of children, you would probably do that whether it was legal or not.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would hope not........then you would have to worry about the pot heads scrambling for the 'roaches'........OR better yet they would keep the roaches........and no littering ciggy butts all over!

I'd think they would have really strick laws for smoking under the influence!

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LOL, smoking under the influence huh? Sorry don't mean to laugh, but that's a cute typo! :)
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 7:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no i think it would be like alcohol...that would be the best way...21 and older, in your home not walking around, or at a designated area and NO DRIVING if your stoned...i guess some will smoke it in front of there kids like some people drink in front of there kids...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• people smoke pot out in public and in front of their kids all the time. if it is made legal then yeah u will see it more. i think it should be under the same laws as smoking.
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No, I think the use would be more similar to Alcohol than to cigarettes.

And where do you live that people smoke on buses?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LOL well i never used public transportation so i assumed pple could smoke on it but i realized that they prolly wouldnt allow it on buses anyway. well you get my point...just where ever you can smoke like walking around the block and in front of not THIER children but other children as well.
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010