OMG this is GROSS! I am never eating at McDonald's EVER AGAIN!!!! Here's the site the story's from: ( http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/10/13/mcdonalds-happy-meal-didnt-decay-after-6-months-photos-show/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk3%7C177318 )

"It's a little smaller, but the McDonald's Happy Meal New York artist Sally Davies bought six months ago looks pretty much the same as the day she brought it home. Yes, you read that right. Six months. Yum.
'I thought it would be freaky,' Davies told Consumer Ally. So onto a plate went the Happy Meal - and there it sat. She has chronicled its lack of decay - not a wisp of mold on the whole meal -- through photos. And the Happy Meal Project was born.
What started out as a bet with a friend to see how long the Happy Meal would last has turned into a fast food experiment that has people talking and cringing. Davies said she doesn't expect the meal to change much now - the fries have a wooden texture and the burger has a plastic-looking sheen. She described the hamburger bun as very dry. 'I don't think it's ever going to change,' she said. I have two dogs that don't want anything to do with it."

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Eh, everything in moderation.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• fast food is just that. Not much to expect. I've worked at Wendy's in high school and such. I don't think McDonalds or any other place is as bad as people make it out to be. It just shouldn't be eaten every week.
    I agree with McDonalds response to this in that food left out in the air like that dehydrates leaving no room for mold to grow. It got stale as it should have and thats about all it should have done. If it was kept covered or in the refrigerator then I bet mold would grow just fine.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm thankful my son HATES McDonalds.....
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well he LIKES the toys in a Happy Meal......he likes Burger Kings Burgers, we get the Hamburger slap happy meal....so I get the burger and we drive across the road to BK and have it his way! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Im going to McDonalds for dinner tonight...by the time DH gets off work i wont have time to go to the store and make dinner before DS needs to be in bed....although i am a bit suprised that you just now found out that fast food is not good
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Hmmm... interesting. However, we accidentally left a small box of chx nuggets from a happy meal along with a few fries thrown in it in our refrigerator for over a month, and it had stuff growing on it. Not saying the person in the article is lying, that's just my experience. Eh, we rarely eat at McD's anyway.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree with roisi07 and anime_mom..............if left in a fridge....mold would eat it alive!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm so thankful that we keep kosher... no McDonald's in this house!

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's not that I ever thought fast food was healthy.... I'm a nursing student, you would be amazed what you won't eat after having a nutrition class. It's just the fact that the food didn't mold. I know it probably just dehydrated, but still. Yuck, you know?
    KA91

Comment by KA91 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010