Obama: "Republicans will have to get along with me"

That statement and others leaves me thinking Obama is not about to go mainstream after his minions are rendered useless. How about you?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank God the Conservatives are coming.

Thank God.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• are you kidding? he's already compromised far too much and gotten far too little in return.

How can you say he has compromised when he locked the repub. out or the UHC discussion (they weren't allowed in the closed door session), he doesn't take their request for meetings, he refuses to even acknowledge they have sent him several different plans (he would rather say the hasn't "seen" anything from the other side), and he encourages Pelosi to run the House like there is 1 party. Compromise means that there is give and take from BOTH sides - not just one.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Make them work with me, he says, how 'bout it's time for him to WORK WITH THEM???
    And Biden, saying it's too hard for us to understand, he should rephrase that to it's to hard for HIM to understand!
    Their ARROGANCE is not helping them...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Getting along goes both ways but he's the CIC and they show so little respect

Repect is earned... Obama works for the People of the US.. Just as Congress.  I don't think he has earned respcet with the way he pushed ObamaCare and the wasteful over-spending Stimulus. I don't think ANY Side in Congress has earned respect over the last 6 years.  Obama should be concerned about working for the AMERICAN PEOPLE...  Not partisan politics.JMO...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think he will have to get along with Repubs. He hasn't so far, but it isn't too late. I do think it sounds rather arrogant. (They do have to get along with him too though.)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• IMO~If he wants to get re-elected, he will have to get along with Republicans and Fiscal Conservatives....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I wonder if Obama will reprimand the Republicans by reminding them that "he won?!" LOL

He is so arrogant he doesn't even try to couch it, and has learned NOTHING from his 2-year on-the-job-training session.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• What a bizarre man he is. He made NO effort to 'get along' with republicans during the past two years, said NADA to a Congressional majority that literally hid behind closed doors to sign off on legislation that no one had read, and complained endlessly about them even with that majority. Now he thinks that if he loses that majority that republicans MUST be nice to him?

I'm sorry (not really), but either the stress from the campaign and two years of trying to shove a steaming load down the unwilling throat of the country has caught up to him and he's snapped, or he's smoking something other than just cigarettes. The only other possibility is that he really does think he's some sort of 'god' and that when he speaks mountains will tremble and mortals will all scramble to do his bidding.

I understand there ARE people who want progressive/socialist crud, but not all of us do ~ which is WHY he is losing that majority.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• autodidact /how 'bout it's time for him to WORK WITH THEM???are you kidding? he's already compromised far too much and gotten far too little in return….

Nope! I'm not kidding! Are you kidding?... We must live on different planets; this Progressive administration has shut the Republicans out and passed everything they have wanted to, without any input from Republicans. And this Progressive Administration has used the Repubs. as an excuse to stall whenever it has been convenient! They have reminded the Republicans every chance they get, that they, the Progressives won, they have proven time & time again, that the majority of "we the people", matters not to them, NOT one little bit!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

Ummmm, about that... He hasn't compromised for Republicans... He has compromised for Blue Dogs and moderates in the DEMOCRATIC PARTY... lol... Nice attempt to spin... You spin it round round baby, round, round.....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010