How are Illinois and Arizona doing?

Since the Senators represent these states, I'm wondering how the states are doing? It might give us some insight. Has anyone researched it? I'm going to look into later this evening. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• According to the polls (pollster.com) Arizone just went from being a strong McCain state to just "leaning" favorably towards McCain.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Illinois has high taxes, home prices are sky high, we have unbelievable unemployment rates, one in every 50 homes are in foreclosure, ( something like that) and it sucks! I'm not sure about Arizona.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 2:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I live in illinois, and we're doing okay. The things that suck are a rsult of Govenor Blagovich, not Obama.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 3:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I live in AZ. And I think McCain has done a great job. House prices are super low right now, it's a great time to buy! But just like the rest of the country we are struggling, gas prices are high (not as high as some places) and grocery prices are high. But other than that stuff, we're doin great!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Arizona is touted as one of the best places to live according to its economy and employment rates. I do not know much about Illinois, I do know that in Chicago the high school drop out rate is over 50% and their murder rate is the highest for any city in the US (3 times higher than it is in NYC), even though they are not the biggest city.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Feesharose, I live in Arizona and I think we are still going great. We are struggling like everyone else, but just as she explained, there are somethings we are doing a little bit better at. I love living in Arizona, I like the enforcement etc that we have here and if i had registered to vote, I probably would for McCain. :)

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• What makes everyone think Obama can improve the infrastructure of all 50 states (or 57 if you ask him! LOL), when he cannot even BEGIN to repair the one measly state he has been Senator of for the past 6 years?!

Anonymous