Sugar?

Have you cut it out of your diet? Why? When? Why not?

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 7:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love Sugar, I am not in diet or anything. Just enjoy my life. There will be time when I must cut it off.
    amikosama

Answer by amikosama at 7:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No. I've cut down on the amount of sugar we use at home, but haven't given it up. I have gone to (mostly) buying less refined versions of sugar. I'd like to start using succanat but it's' so darned expensive.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, as much as possible. Why? Diabetic. Found out about a year and a half ago.  I have cut down on carbs considerably  too.

Answer by louise2 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• sugar was never a part of my diet. natural sugars like the ones in fruit are very good for you but in order to be healthy you cannot consume more that 16 teaspoons of sugar in a day because it paralyzes your immune system so if a foreign pathogen gets into your system your immune system will have a horribly difficult time fighting it off.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've cut back, and I limit what my kids get. My nephew has had to cut it completely out - if he has any he gets violently ill.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010