Working Below Your Level and Loving It!??!

I am a professional Administrative Assistant by trade but was laid off. I am now in the housekeeping department at a country club and love it! There is hardly any stress and I love my co-workers. How many of you are in the same situation?

MamaBD65

Asked by MamaBD65 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• That is very common, and nothing wrong with it. I was a bookkeeper for the longest and was laid off in November. I actually applied to become a chicken fry cook, but got another job in some back office doing part time admin. I would have actually taken the fry cook job. The place is going through another cutback, which it just laid off 15% two months ago. Chicken anyone?

A country club does sound like a lot of fun.

Best Wishes
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I work a job that is below me and I HATE IT. The people I work with are just so unprofessional and are constantly not showing up for work or being lazy. I feel very out of place.

I'm glad you found something you love though, you're very lucky!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am an Aid, like cooking, cleaning, shopping/errands, etc... I don't "give" baths though! I REFUSE!!! I'm only in this job b/c I refused to put my dd in daycare, and my Aunt needed help. SO, a win-win, sort-of.... It gets old, FAST!! She has CP and sits, thinking and thinking of what she "needs" from the store or this or that. The job is just mundane.... I actually really don't like it. I feel useless, or un-important most of the time..... Un-fulfilling I guess... NOT at all what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I feel stuck!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've worked several jobs like that when I was a temp and I was miserable. Your situation is more the rarity than the norm.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010