For those who are separated how were you able to establish a civil realationship

with you ex. Me an my daughter's father have been separated for 1 1/2 maybe it's to soon. But I was just wondering when i broke up with my older daughter's father it was so much easier because he was so irresponsible. I have my reasons to dislike this one too but it's not about me it's about our daughter. He betrayed me and wanted to walk away from the relationship that everything was my fault. But in reality he decided on his own we were done and got involved with someone else still trying to work on my anger issues on that. But cant bring myself to talk to him because he betrayed me in the worst way. I had to quit school, went pt at work so i could finish school and he had all these hidden resentments. I kicked him out and he's paying my bills till i can get on my feet i just feel its the least he can do. We spoke this past weekend and he came clean i feel a little better because he just wanted to end it and not discuss it.

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 7:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• sometimes I wished that my ex husband and I could have been civil at least for our children but never could...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 8:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I just feel that at some point we need to find a level of communication but it is so difficult for him because that was our first issue to begin with. His betrayal has had a great impact on me. He killed my trusted and stalled my goals, but our problem was always communication and both of us got very volatile when we argued to the point that we lost respect for each other. I love him still but at the same time i cant even stand being in the same room with him. This was a hard blow that i hope one day i can be at least on civil terms with him. He's paying the rent and bills out of pure guilt. But i feel stronger now and i'm really trying to move forward.
    jenlesly

Comment by jenlesly (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010