I've been thinking to finally get myself out there and have a good time since

my recent separation. I've been in depression mode for the past 3 months. I don't want to go out there and meet guys or get drunk which that is all my friends keep suggesting. Can any of you suggest which is a way to start doing things to move on and learn to have fun on my own. In addition, I don't have much money either.

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 7:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Entertainment

• Maybe a pool hall or a local concert? Neither are very expensive, and you dont have to drink at either.. GL to you!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• volunteer work. Community recreation groups, sailing, rowing, hiking, etc.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• What about taking a class in something, or doing community service?

Memberships to the Y are really inexpensive. mst have pools, gyms, workout/swimming classes and community service projects, as well as classes like creative writing.
    If you're religious, a lot of churches have social groups, especially for younger members and single members.
    Local parenting groups.
    Social clubs.

Or just discover something YOU enjoy and see where it leads you. My mom met my stepdad at a country line dancing class... (It was actually the 6th time they'd met in 20 years, but apparently that time it stuck!)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010