What do you put in your spaghetti?

I know most people use ground beef/turkey, meatballs or chicken. But is there anything else you use, or even add to the usuals to make it a little more "special"? Thanks mamas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ground beef & a break up 2-3 Italian sausages. Canned sauce, fresh sauteed veggies (mushrooms, green pep, onions, garlic, & celery), fresh parm, and a can of crushed or diced toms.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Instead of hamburger or chicken. Tyr Italin sausage.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I brown the meat with onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. While that's being taken care of, I boil chunks of squash and zucchini. Once the meat is cooked, I remove it from the pan and drain the grease. While the meat is still in the colander, I put the sauce in the pan and add cajun seasoning, a bit of cayenne, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, and parmesan. Then I put the meat back in, add the squash and zucchini, and stir it all together.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Mushrooms, garlic, onions, extra seasoning.

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Sometimes we roast veggies in olive oil and add to pasta. Simple and delicious. We love eggplant, zucchini, mushroom, and red pepper combination the most.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Eggplant
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I always put olives in mine. I thought it was normal growing up, but i'm starting to find out it's not! Lol! My spaghetti always has deer or elk hamburger and sausage in it. We're not big beef fans around here!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Hamburger, olives, celery, onion, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, & cheese. I like my spaghetti really chunky.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 7:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Im making spaghetti w/ chicken tonight and I blended up some carrots until they were really fine and mixed it in w/ the sauce, lol.. I always put some parm. cheese in there. I also add sour cream to mine and mix it all up after I fix myself a plate. I love my spaghetti w/ sour cream. :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• This summer my tomatoe plants did really good. So I made home made spaghetti sauce. I onions, green peppers and hambarger. It was good.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010