Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


does anyone know how you go about getting a grant for college? my husband wants to go to college but were pretty low income...i've never gotten a grant before so I have noooooooooo idea.

Answer Question

Asked by travisnowensmom at 7:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 14 (1,379 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Go to the financial aid office of the school near you and see what information they can give you.

    Answer by elizabr at 7:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • You or your husband would have to speak to the financial aid department fro that college and they will go over everything with you. I have done this for college, it may take some time but in the end it all depends on how much your income is! Good luck

    Answer by B716 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • You start by filling out a FAFSA online.

    Answer by luvsmysonjames at 7:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • i was told that too..that we need to fill out the FAFSA form...i gues we'll start there

    Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • Another tip is never to let anyone charge you to file the paper's. If they do they are a fake. The real people will never charge.

    Answer by luvsmysonjames at 8:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

  • He should talk to the admissions councelor at the school.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.