Potty training!!! Help....

So my daughter is almost three and I need some advice with this subject! I have been potty training her now off and on for about a couple of months, she started off going on the potty, then she got sick and just stopped. So a couple days ago, I tried again I know it's about patience which I hardly have any.. So I know she is ready, she stays dry, dresses her self etc. Yesterday we tried the potty twice, which she did not end up going and I stay in the bathroom for almost an hr or more, I read to her, let her read, sing to her, and even made a sticker chart! I just was wondering if there is anything I am missing or if any other mom's has different advice. Thanks to all!

B716

Asked by B716 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could try the three day potty training method . Devote a weekend to it. Google it and see reviews online.
    Anonymous

• lol Do you have one of those little kids tables?
    Here is what I did and it work within days - not that their perfect at it, but hey it was quick.
    Take one of those little kids tables and put it in front of the TV. Take the potty and put it in front of the table, put book, crayons, play doo, paints whatever you guys do. So now you have TV and something to do.
    Then sit down and have fun. When she pees and she will, not even thinking about it she'll pee. Grab her up, run her to the kitchen and give her a little dixie up with 5 or so M&M's in it. Tell her every time she uses the potty she'll get a little cup with M&M's.

With my oldest I would give her 1 M&M the first time she went, then 2 M&Ms the second time and so on, and 5 if she pooped.
    But with my youngest I just gave her a little cup of M&M's (5 or so) and that was that. After about a week she forgot all about the M&M's.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• PS, that is also how my sister trained her 4 kids and most of my friends did the same.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• 3 day method is a slam dunk...i have the ebook...if you want it message me...GL
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have the 3-Day Method, too, and I HIGHLY recommend it! We just did it a couple of weeks ago, and we've had VERY few accidents. The first day, we have THIRTY. Yes, 3-0. The second day, we had 6 early in the day, and none from about 2PM on through the third day! It includes the nights as well. Everyone I know who has done it, been CONSISTENT, PATIENT and PERSISTENT has been successful. You HAVE to be able to commit to doing NOTHING ELSE for those 3 days. For us, it was TOTALLY worth spending 3 days at home to do it. We bought a potty for when we are out and about (for instance, in the car, nowhere near a bathroom). Glad we did that!
    You cannot stop and start, or go back to diapers once you start. You have to make a commitment to doing it, and have it in your mind that there's no going back. It really can be done, I promise!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• These are great answers. I am just starting to think about potty training, yet I wasn't sure where to even start! Let me know how everything goes with your little one!!
    tracy3420

Answer by tracy3420 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Thanks ladies for all of your advice, looks like I will be trying the 3 day PT method!
    B716

Comment by B716 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Thanks everyone for the advice, my daughter is now fully potty trained!!!!! :)
    B716

Comment by B716 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2011