how old were your daughters when they got hair in their pubic area?

My 8 yo girl said she had some and i checked and she has some there, Is this to soon should i have her see the dr?

momofalltrades

Asked by momofalltrades at 7:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• This is totally normal they start around your daughters age, no need to go see any doctor, what you need to do is have the puberty talk before it happens.

Answer by older at 7:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Mine have gotten there yet but I did notice my 7 yo is starting to grow some boobie "buds"...scary.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• What is a doctor going to do? Time to have the PERIOD talk with her. With in the next 2 to 5 years she will be having one.

Answer by louise2 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I was 12 before I got any.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• already had the puberty talk shes had probs with her labia sealing shut when she was 5 and had to have surgery to open it up the cream that she used for 2 yrs had side affects of early puberty i just hope that wasnt the cause thanks for the answers really appreciate it
    momofalltrades

Comment by momofalltrades (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Not early - my daughter just turned 9 and she has hair

Answer by missanc at 8:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Wow, I didn't get my period till I was 14yrs old and puberty didn't hit me till I was 12. I didn't know it could start that early!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• @worriedmommy600: I didn't get my period until 4 months before I turned 16. LOL I was about 12 when it hit me too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• sounds normal... I wouldn't worry too much. It just happens earlier now days.... I was 12 when i got my monthly :) GL
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 8:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My daughter is 7 and I noticed a couple of pubic hairs last time the dr checked her down there. I was concerned about early puberty, but the doctor did not seem concerned at all when I asked her about it-she said it was normal.
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 12:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2010