WTH IS IT??

My daughter has tons of bumps on her back. (just on her back, nowhere else) Looks like it could be a rash. I brought her into the ER yesterday, cuz they just popped up yesterday morning. We haven't changed anything, she's 13 weeks old, so her diet is just formula, which i haven't changed that either. I waited for 2 hours in the ER for them just to tell me they have no idea what it is, and give me some cream to put on it. If it gets worse, make an appt, if it goes away, great. Well that's just dandy. Now i have a DD with bumps on her back, nobody knows what it is, and so far it hasn't changed. it's not getting worse or going away. Can anyone help me? maybe your child has had this but you had a smarter doctor???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• kids develop things all the time.. maybe shes develpoed an irriation to the detergent... or it could just be a heat rash.. if shes really active thats a great possibility....
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My son had that on his back to they said it was a heat rash and the the laundry soap was irritating his skin
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Oh, and i guess i should mention that she has no fever and it doesn't seem to be bothering her...

Wouldn't a heat rash go away after a while?

tryingmom203- did you just change detergents?
    Anonymous

• If you bundle your baby up to much ..It could be heat rash...Keep the area clean and do not put anything on it.....You can go to WEBMD and it will tell you things about rashes

Answer by louise2 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I also saw an alert about Carter's tagless onesies, some babies have severe alergies to the ink they use to print on the inside, where the tag should be. Do you have any of those, and if so, does it line up where the ink would be?
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 3:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Even if you haven't changed any soap, laundry detergent etc, I heard that you can still become allergic and irritated to the original kind that you bought. I'm not sure how much that is true, but it could possibly be from that.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• thanks ladies. i heard about the alert about carter's too, my gf called me and informed me. it's mainly on her lower back. i'm guessing it was the laundry detergent, but whatever it is, it's going away now. it's not totally gone, but it's starting to finally go away. i'm just keeping my eye on it.
    Anonymous