I am so tired of CAT PEE.

I have 3 cats and 4 litter boxes. They have all been checked and none of them have any infections... They PEE all over my house. I am about to euthanize one of them just to cut down on the pee. They are not adoptable cats as they were once Ferrel and only like us. I know it's not right but OMG my house reeks. Any ideas how to get rid of the smell. BTW I know the major culprit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pets

• Before you just euth one, try adding some plain old dirt to your litter ~ and try buying one of the natural litters rather than a clay or scented one. If they were feral, or just wild, they learned to do their business in dirt ... not litter.

If that fixes the problem, add some plain old baking soda along with the dirt for a while and scoop at least daily! Once you've got them at least trying (this really does seem to work for cats that used to be outdoors) than start gradually adding a more conventional litter back into the boxes. The pine litter would be a good one to start with.

Another option is to confine them to one room or a porch if you have one available until they get the hang of things .... and it would give you a chance to get the rest of the house clean enough to stop making you nuts. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• vinegar neutralizes the ammonia in urine.

Answer by Bmat at 7:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Daggonit I am NOT anonymous ... but my cat thought I should be. The above post was mine though lol!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No they can't go outside we have a no outside cat rule at our complex. They trap and take to Animal control.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I tried and tried with my once feral cat. I had to bring her to the shelter...I am sure she was euthanized. There is only so much you can do for these kitties.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• They will never stop. This seems to be more of a problem with multiple cats. Cats like that need to go to a one pet home in order to succeed. I'm sorry but I haven't found anything. I tried Natures Miracle, but it really didn't work at all. The people who lived here before had a bunch of cats. It was nasty. You gotta do what you gotta do.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You can probably use Nature's Miracle to clean up the cat pee, then get some Feliway to prevent it from happening in the future.

http://www.feliway.com/us/About-Feliway/How-do-I-use-Feliway-R
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• euthanize one to cut down on the pee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!some cats won't go on a dirty litter box, are they males and fixed? or females? I know cat pee can be smelly, but euthanize? Look for cat shelters, sanctuaries, any other option please!

Answer by older at 8:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Are they "fixed" are they male or female.

Cats sometimes pee like this when in heat or other cats are in heat if they are not fixed.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• they are fixed males. They have more than enough litter boxes that are cleaned every other day. they are WILD cats. They hide from other people. They would be miserable in another house. They can not go back outside this house and if you put them outside another house they would not come back to them because of fear and would starve or be hit by a car.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010