4 Week Old With a Ticklish Back?

My son is now 4 weeks old and I have noticed ever since he was born that if I rub his back like when I am burping him or even just to try and soothe him, he squirms like crazy and seems to not like it...he is pretty gassy and I was wondering if it could mean that he has a bubble that wont come out. Has anyone else experienced this? I know he is SOUND asleep when I can rub his back and he doesnt squirm like crazy...I didnt know if this was an indicator of whether or not he needs to be burped more or not. What do you think?

LLE672

Asked by LLE672 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no haha he's ticklish. babies that age don't know how to laugh yet so they respond to the tickle sensation by squirming..
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think your first instinct is right, and he doesn't like having his back rubbed.....try patting it instead and see if he likes that better...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• When I burped my kids I patted their back not rubbed.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I do pat his back mostly, but with DD who had reflux I used to rub in between pats and that seemed to help bring the gas up...
    LLE672

Comment by LLE672 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Every child is different. He just does not like the rubbing part I guess. Just do the patting part.

Answer by louise2 at 5:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2010