I am 23 weeks pregnant and can still lay on my belly to sleep....well sort of...lol. Is this bad?

Its sort of a catty cornered maneuver with my leg kicked up over a body pillow.

I am VERY comfy this way...and I am surprised I can still do this. But should I stop?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 7:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope, your body will tell you when to stop. I got HUGE with my son and was still comfortable laying like that, though by the end I was more on my side than tummy lol. It takes a LOT of pressure to hurt your baby, and you will be uncomfortable way before that happens.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It fine. Enjoy it while you can. If you still worried about it ask your doctor if it ok. That what they are there for
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We had a waterbed when I was pregnant with my last one. I slept in exactly the position you're describing until I was almost 8 months pregnant. Go for it as long as you can.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's fine.. I slept on my belly until the day I delivered my son because that is how I was used to sleeping.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Oh boy GrnEyed....a WATERBED!!!! That sounds FABULOUS!

I kept telling my dh if he would cut a hole in the mattress and add a sling for my belly that I could sleep VERY comfortably. He didnt go for it...lol
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Not bad at all! It's awesome if you can find a comfortable position at all when you're pregnant, so go with it. :) Baby is plenty protected. I slept on my stomach until I was about 7 months pregnant with my first, and was so frustrated when it got uncomfortable earlier than that with my second!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Naw, I could do it until eight months with both.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• They say sleeping on your left side is best for the baby, so you might want to run it by your doctor first.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You should be just fine & lucky you!! I use to do this until I was further along....now I am almost 34 weeks and I toss & turn all night :( Not to mention getting up every couple hours to pee lol.
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010