sister question! adult content

I have a sister who is 39 years old with two daughters, one a senior in high school. I watched my sister throw serious money away all summer long on fancy trips with her boyfriend. She told us she was going to buy a car for her and the girls before school started back this fall but she failed to. Now she's calling me to haul her around, I'm taking her girls back and forth to school, and I have 3 kids of my own to deal with. She's very selfish, and only thinks of herself. She gives me no gas money for my fuel used for picking these girls up. I want to tell her to go to hell, but I feel sorry for the girls. I mean she use to be very responsible, we don't know what happened. I'm so tired and exhausted, I feel like I'm in a tug-of-war match. Any advice would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in

• continued: She wasted over three grand on trips with this boyfriend. She tells us time after time that she's going to get a car so she can get around, but we're starting to put her on deaf ears. She lives 20 minutes away from me, and I have to pick one of her daughters up in the mornings for school, and I bring them both back home from school, and she "NEVER" come out and offer any gas money. She infuriates me, but I'm trying to keep it together because these two girls need to get to school. I want to add that the youngest girl is out of her school zone, and I tell me sister to put her in the school where she lives so she can get a bus back and forth. She ignore everything I try to tell her as if she doesn't care.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would love to give you advice, but I'm in a similar boat. I don't like to say no, because it's my neices that suffer
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Exactly, it's tough because the girls will suffer all because their mom doesn't give a crap.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have a sister, but not the same problem. Family sometimes is worse then a stranger. You need to put your 3 children first. I don't know how close you are to your sister. Just tell her it too much on you. Let her girls know this has nothing to with them. Kids will think that sometime. I hope this helped
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Homealone45 I told her over and over that it's going to be hard for me to get her kids to school and mine too, but she just talk right over me as if she didn't hear me. My sister and I use to be very close until these selfish ways of her started to surface. She somehow think my car run on air.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Sounds like your sister is either going through a midlife crises (yes women do that too, long before the change) or she's doing drugs.
    If she was level headed and now she's not, it's probably a midlife crises.
    Either way, there isn't anything you can do about it.
    Do what you can for her kids, if you can, but remember you have to save yourself before you can save anyone else.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• In a situation like this I remember something our pastor said that has stuck with me (I have a sis similar to yours in some ways, though she is getting better). If you find yourself finding that you "have" to help remember this "When the work that God is doing through you begins to hinder the work that God is doing IN you, it ceases being the work of God."
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010