baby room= paint fumes adult content

at 15 weeks gestation we painted our little girls room and she was born 3 days ago at 37 weeks even though her room was aired out and we've been in and out since then it still smells like paint! The room is small so idk if that has anything to do w it what do I do can I. Put her in there I won't do it soon bc shell be in my room for awhile

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to circulate air out. Keep her in your room for a while.

Put a box fan in the window and point it blowing out. Turn the ceiling fan on. The next day, blow in (flip the fan). And then on day three, blow out again.

The fumes are dangerous. If you can smell it, the VOCs are still leaching into the air. You can buy paint in the future that is zero VOC from Olympic. Lowes sells it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• maybe some baking soad, like just the open carton of baking soad will absoarb the oders? thats my best guess, ive never been able to paint and decorate (stupid apartment living!) so i have no real experiance.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010