Period question? adult content

How do you know if your period is too heavy? I have to wear a super plus tampon and two pads during days 2-4 of my period. and I still have to change every 2 hours. I think that is excessive but even if it is what can be done about it?

I am not on any birth control or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• I agree with everyone depending on how long this has been going on you need to go see your doctor. I have been heavy for years and thought it was normal till my boyfriend pointed out a commercial that tell's people it's not. Go to this website and you will see what Im talking about. www.lighterperiod.com. They will send you more information about it and what to do as well as send you a check list to talk to your doctor about so it's less embarrassing. It's a disease called menorrhagia. Sounds bad but it really is common. Im planning on checking it out myself I already sent off for the info. Hope everything is ok for you and hope this helped. :)
    HopefulMommy80

Answer by HopefulMommy80 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think when it starts interfearing with your life and what you want to do or if it starts making you feel faint from loss of blood then you need to call your Dr.

I think that sounds pretty heavy. Birth control would help your periods be lighter.

Or ablasion would help too.....if you are DONE having babies.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Most women experience heavy bleeding, I do. I guess everybody have different periods. My sister have light months every month.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Has it always been this way for you? If it's not normal, I think you should see your OBGYN.
    iloveconan

Answer by iloveconan at 8:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That sounds like a pretty heavy one to me.See a gyn.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010