The Gypsies

How do you feel about what Europe, and specifically Milan, is doing to the Gypsies? Most of them are from Romania and Romania is part of the European Union. What about the ones they promised permanent housing too but then backed out of the deal?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 8:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hrmmm, I was in Europe in the 80's, then again in the 90's and the gypsies were a huge problem. Especially in Paris. They were robbing, stealing, vandalizing... I'm not a fan...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Grly is right. Gypsies are pretty much a rogue breed.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think it's pretty terrible.

That's like saying Muslims are a rogue breed. Totally racist.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• One of the towns where we used to live had a lot of problems with gypsies. They would roll into town in their campers and the scams/thievery would begin. It was kind sad. I felt sorry for the kids.

I am not saying this is the way with all gypsies, but they don't have a very good reputation.

OP, if you have a link for your story I will be happy to read it.

UpSheRises, how is saying Muslims are a rogue breed racist? Muslims come from ALL different races don't they? Not bashing, I just think you didn't mean to say racist...but something else.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I will see if I can find one. I just read it in the newspaper my husband got the other day.
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Hmmm, they sound very similar the gangs we have here...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• And I agree with YSK, not racist...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That's like saying Muslims are a rogue breed. Totally racist.

Whoops, I forgot the PC police are on. If I knew every single gypsy in the world, I wouls specifically name each one as a good or bad person. My blanket statement is based on the history of the gypsies. Sorry, that goes over your head.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had a problem with gypsies when I lived in Naples. They would reach into your car and try to steal things, one of them grabbed my boob in exchange for wiping my window, they are excellent thieves. Anyone who has ever lived overseas can attest to it. And no, I am not being racist or anything. I am speaking of my three year experience with gypsies and it was not positive.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010