My childs teacher admits she hates them?

My childs teacher told me that she dislikes and even hates teaching my child because they are too slow for her class. My child is not special needs or anything the child just tacks their time to soak in everything being taught. She basically said that if there was another teacher teaching her subject at that time she would transfer this child. Everyday she sends home a daily behaviour card and she only puts the negative on there and she doesnt put anything on somedays at all. On top of that the child recieved a 100% on a test that she said he should have never passed and then pulled this child in front of the classmates and accused this child of cheating! I am calling the school tomorrow to speak with the principle but I do not know what else I can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Go first to the principal, then find someone who can corroborate your story. If you can't get some relief from the principal, go to your board of education in your district and then follow the channels necessary to make sure this individual is reprimanded. DO NOT confront her directly, if you lose your cool you can be charged with assault. Go through the system first.

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. She should have been trained to deal with all learners.  If this truly happened the way you said it did, the state should know about this and a mark should go against her license.

cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 6:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Teacher here: YOU PITCH A FIT! I would ask (not nicely) for my child to be moved immediately.

If this is true, she should NOT be teaching.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree! Try getting these statements on tape. They will not be admissible in court, but the school superintendent would be interested in hearing them. Raise hell Momma... Let the Momma Bear out!
    bear attack Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Unreal. Calling the principal is the least you can do! You better make a big freaking stink, because that is unacceptable!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Can you get these statements on tape. I would write each and every school board member.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I always give teachers the benefit of the doubt because one of my biggest pet peeves are parent's who don't trust the teachers and jump on then for ridiculous things, but if the teacher told you what you just wrote word for word, as in, you aren't reading between the lines here, she actually said what you said she said, not that you interpreted it that way, you need to raise hell and get your child out of that class immediately.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Call the principle first, then haul her up in front of the PTA.
    Get other parents involved. If it's happening to your child, it's happening to others.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• That teacher is way off base. She needs reprimanding immediately.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Teacher here: PITCH A FIT!!! I would've from the first "I hate teaching this child"
    HELL NO!!!! You want you dd OUT of that class now AND official write-up/ documentation of this put on teachers record etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• As an educator, I am horrified to read this...YES! Call the principal and set up a meeting with him/her. This is not acceptable. I cannot believe she told you that she hated teaching your child...I am so sorry that this happened to you-as a parent also I would be devastated to hear something so negative and hurtful about my child. Please keep us updated.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010