What would you have put down? (rental application question)

We applied for a new apartment today. The reason we are moving is because we live upstairs and the neighbors below us keep complaining about the noise of our toddler son running around. We found out they were going to evict us so we gave them a 30 day notice we were moving before they could. When I filled out the applications for the new one today they asked why we were moving I put "looking for a more child friendly home." What would you have put? Do you think that will do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have actually put that down before and it was of great help!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 9:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think that's a good response. Some places won't even pay attention to it, but those that do will most likely only be concerned by a line like "got kicked out". (Haha I hope no one would be stupid enough to write that, but some people....) They just want an idea of what you're looking for and/or why you are leaving your previous place, and I think your response is honest without making you look bad in any way.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think if the building prides itself on peace and quiet you will be rejected.
    You could have put that you were looking for a nicer building, lower rent, etc.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Why don't you look for a house where you do not have to worry about the child bothering the other tenants. Any good rental agent will ask questions and find out what you mean by that statement.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think that sounds great!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I like the fact that you were truthful instead of misleading, which could have lead to you a situation similar to the one you're in right now. Good luck!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010