my boyfriend has told me to get a abortion

i have just found out i am 5 weeks preganant, my boyfriend has 2 children from previous marriage so thought he would be more supportive but he does not want this child, i am so confused because i have never been in this situation before. we did not plan this and i was on the pill. i just need so advice please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This is something YOU will have to live with, so you can't have your boyfriend tell you what to do. I suggest you do whatever is right for YOU.
    Mommygoosey

Answer by Mommygoosey at 3:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Well it sounds to me that if you want to keep it you will have to decide whether you can take care of the baby on your own. He might come around, alot of men freak when they first find out but I dont know him so I cant say.
    Just ask yourself what YOU want and dont do anything unless you are absulty sure, if you dont want to keep it but dont want an abortion you can do adoption but the father has 45 days to contest it. So do you research and stay calm. Give him a couple of days to a week or so to sort things out in his head.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 3:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Well you need to think about what YOU want to do right now...You already know what he want...Do you want to.... keep the baby or abort or adopt it out...Don't do what he want you to do just because he doesn't want another child..do what you want ..He will just have to pay child support..Sound like he doesn't want to do.. Good luck

Answer by louise2 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• DO YOU want to get one?? If not...then dont, Its ur body & you have the right to decide that for yourself. I understand it wasn't planned but pregnancy is something that can & does happen if your having sex & the pill isn't 100%.

I allowed myself to be talked into abortion once and have regreted it ever min of every day! Don't do it unless you are sure that is what YOU want ! If you want to talk . you can message me!
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Fortunately for you unfortunately for him even if he does'nt want the baby you can still seek child support from him. The CHOICE is yours. If you feel you can have and WANT this baby, take care of it and rasie it on your own then have it. If this is something you do not want or are not ready for there are options. He can not make you have an abortion, BUT do not expect him to turn into the supportive doting SO because you CHOOSE to keep the pregnancy.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Dont get a abortion its not the babys falt you guys laid together and made a baby and now its your responseabaty to keep it if you and your B/F dont want it give it up for adoption there are sooooo many people that would love to have a baby that cant dont kill a baby cause you dont want it GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• I was in the same situation. Pregnant and told an abortion would be the good idea by my then boyfriend. I thought about it and decided the better idea would to get rid of him. So I did. My son is almost 3 and I'm married to a wonderful man that loves my son like his own. If you choose to get an abortion, do it because its what you want, not because he said you should. He's only being selfish because he's already got to pay child support. In my book, that's a wrong answer on his part. Think about it carefully. Weigh your options and make the choice that feels best in your heart.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If he didn't want a baby he should have kept his pecker in his pants, what gives him the right to choose which children to love and let live? I am pro-life but ultimately the decision is up to you on what you want to do. I wish you the best of luck in your decision and I can promise you that a child can be the biggest joy and light in your life.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Oh...don't do it! ~~ This is your baby and he/she deserves a chance to have a good life!
    Obviously, he doesn't care enough about you to consider your feelings. You need to be prepeared to raise this baby without him, or plan to give it up for adoption. Either way, it's better than an abortion.
    There are lots of families (including ours) that would welcome a new baby. And, you can find plenty of help out there if you choose to keep it ~ There are lots of government programs set up to help single moms. Either way, you know what the right decision is!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Honey you have to do what is right for you. Most guys freak out when its a unplanned pregnancy if you want to keep this baby then you keep your baby. I can honestly say i had a abortion when i was 19 completly unplanned pregnancy i was already a single mother of a 2year old and was going through a divorce with his father. I regret doing it to this day i wish i would have just given the baby up for adoption. if you wana chat feel free to send me a messege.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008