do you think getting treatment for incest is too late after almost 30 years? adult content

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• BlueSaphire..no offense but that kinda trauma can't ever be erased..My mother went threw it and it STILL torments her..even with all the stuff thats shes been threw..

I say no..its never too late to heal. Sometimes its takes a while to allow urself to face such a difficulty and to want to deal with it. So I say go for it..go let urself open up and heal. good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No, I don't think it's too late. As the old saying goes, "Better late than never!"
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No, it is never too late to heal....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• No. It sometimes gives you some great perspective on they whys of life and the whats. So when you look back at things you might be able to see it in another light. Obviously we don't know your current emotional status, but if you are thinking about it, then that means there still is a purpose for it and it can still help!
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 8:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no, it's never too late
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It is never too late to seek help for any type of traumatic event that happened in life. Sometimes the reality of it does not hit until later in life.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think childhood trauma can be the hardest thing to overcome in life, because it happens to you at an age where you are unable to understand the reasons it happened or healthy ways to cope with it. If you don't revisit it as an adult and work through it with understanding that can be gained with age, then I feel it can always be there haunting you. For example, children who are abused often think it is their fault, that they deserved or invited the abuse. Of course this is absolutely untrue, but if it isn't worked through as an adult people often carry those feelings with them forever. Seeking help at any time it is needed is the best course of action no matter how much time has passed.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• by this time, I feel that you should have had enough in your life to over-shadow childhood trauma. Job searching, getting laid off, taking care of a family, and financial catastrophes should really erase those old emotions.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010