Placenta Abruption (sp?)

Anyone ever had this? If so how did you know?

IamATeenMom307

Asked by IamATeenMom307 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did. I had some bleeding and went to the DR. He said he thought it was the placenta separarting too early---it should separate from the uterine wall after delivery. I had to be admitted to the hopial and be monitored. Then actual labor started and I had my baby the next morning. It turned out alright. It could have been much worse if there was too much bleeding and the baby couldn't get enough oxygen and nutrients.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placental_abruption
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had it. I didn't know at first I started bleeding and thought it could just be "the bloody show" but then it got a little bit worse so my grandma called 911 and my husband called the doctor both siad for me to go to the hospital. I rode in the ambulance and when I stepped off the gurny to be weighed blood just started to gush out of me. My doctor was there within 10 mins and I was on the operating table having an emergency c section. It wasn't until after my c section that I found out I had placenta abruption.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My best friend did with her second son. It happened around 12 weeks but miraculously he made it full term plus extra (as he needed the extra stay for the lack of nutrients he was getting). He's a happy healthy 3 year old now :)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 5:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010