easy chicken and dumplings

I have never made because I thought it would be difficult but my son wants me to,anyone have recipes?

slyvester

Asked by slyvester at 8:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The easiest is to skin your chicken boil until very tender, falling off the bone basically. Remove the bones, cut chicken into bite size pieces. Return chicken to water ad water or broth and seasonings to taste. I use just salt and pepper (watch the salt if you use broth). Bring the pot to a full rolling boil. Follow the recipe of Bisquick box for dumplings( I usually make a double batch) I smash a few of the dumplings against the side of the pot for thickening. We like this with tons of pepper. Sometimes my grandkids eat it better if I put diced carrots in after the chicken is cut up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• sounds easy enough
    slyvester

Comment by slyvester (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Here's a link to a few "easy chicken and dumpling recipes" with reviews and directions.

http://www.food.com/recipe-finder/easy/chicken-and-dumplings?Ns=recipe_mostpopular|1

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Here is what I do. Take a pack of chicken (cooked) and cut it into bite size pieces. Keep the broth. Add 2 cans of cream of celery soup. Then get a box of frozen dumplings (I think I've been using Anne's Dumplings - you find it in the frozen section at the grocery store.) Using the broth add the chicken and soup until it boils. Then gradually add in the dumplings. Break the dumplings into smaller pieces, they will cook faster. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep and eye on it, the dumplings could stick to the bottom, Add a little bit of butter to the pot. Stir frequently. Cook until the dumplings are tender.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2010