Do you think pediatricians get a good hoot out of hearing the new baby names?

People who work for SS office probably do too...they hear them all...hahahaha

Whats the worst you have heard.

My dh taught in a school with a boy named Bam....when the principal ask the father where he came up with such an "unusual" name...the father proudly announced that the letters stood for Bad Ass Mother F*****.

He wasnt the brightest guy as you can imagine...guess he forgot the F....hahahahahah!

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Baby Names

• My mother is a preschool teacher and she has a child named Hades in her class. I'm sure the doctors and ss staff get a kick out of some of what goes in there...lol
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 1:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think the OBs probably think "Well, that's the fourth Braden (Madison) I've delivered this week! No offense.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LOL Bam! Wowwww...I'm so proud for that guy, not. ;-) Haha!! That's hilarious.

I always wonder about how the nurses in labor & delivery feel...every day, in and out, hearing the names of new babies. Of course they're always really nice and say "what a beautiful name!" or something like that, but I want to know what they're really thinking!! Any L&D nurses have stories to share?! lol
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I love weird names. My daughter's name is Rhapsody, my son's Imriel.

The worst I've heard is Roach :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The worst name I have ever heard was Vijaya, whom is our pediatrician!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I pity the teachers who have to deal with it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• oh they must get a chuckle outta them..considering all the "different" names ppl are using lately
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I used to work in a birthing center, we didn't really pay much attention to the names. I was a birth registrar and it was a pain to type some of the names with weird punctuation.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• @Hazelnutkin: My Braden is at least 14. He was one of the first ones. I wouldn't name a kid Braden now if my life depended on it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's the spelling that must get them. Even simple names can have "different" spellings. One example is NiCole. The Mom wanted her daughter's name to be unusual.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 9:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010