I get the most horrible pains in my back during the night. It is not a back problem. It is more like a horrible cramp or gas pain. The first time I thought it was heart related. I try to relax my muscles and if my husband is near I have him pound my back like burping and pushing up. This usually lasts about 10-15 minutes, but still is sore the next day.

Anyone else have anything like this?
Ideas what it could be.

I have to consciously relax all my muscles to alleviate it.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• no gallbladder hummm well they say sometimes the symptoms can come back but if not the gallbladder I would think it may be a problem with digestion. I would def get to a doctor. A small problem with digestion can turn into something much bigger if not checked out and taken care. Good luck and hope you get better soon.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I was thinking gallbladder , too. I had crazy pain that I thought was gas until I went to the ER and had to have my gallbladder removed.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• have you checked to see if it is acid refux?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Had gallbladder removed about 5 years ago.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I was thinking gallbladder as well. I had surgery in June to have my gallbalder removed. I was having all kinds of issues with pain in my chest and back and it would last the same amounts of time. I would go to your doctor and ask to have it looked at. If you feel it is an emergency go to the ER but otherwise I would make an appointment with your doctor and then if it is your gallbladder they will tell you if it would need taken out which if you are having that kind of pain it will. My pain would get so bad I felt like I was having a heart attack and it would make me want to cry.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree with jroseh68 .........if no gallbladder then maybe you have an issue with your digestive track.

Good luck! Hope ya feel better soon as well!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2010