What should I do now? PE teacher called daughter a name.

My daughter has had issues with her PE teacher since school has started. This teacher likes to have favorites. And of course my daughter isn't one of them. This teacher keeps telling my daughter to not be around or talk to certain people in class and these people are actually my daughter's friends. Today, teacher pulled my daughter aside and told her that she needed to participate in class (they are learning dances). Daughter said to the teacher "I am participating and attempting the dance, but you are not helping me." The teacher then said, "Well you are just back there being a bitch". When daughter told me this I immediately went up to school and had my daughter tell the principal about what had happened. The principal told us that she will be talking with the teacher. I just hope now that it doesn't backfire on my daughter when she has her class again.

stedim

Asked by stedim at 9:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• report the teacher and show your ass till someone does something about it.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 9:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I too would have went to the school. Make sure you document everything.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Document everything. Contact the superintendent
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• it doesnt have to backfire on your daughter& i would go to the district& complain, omg im so mad, sorry this is happening to your daughter, just assure your daughter not to be scared of this teacher because it is not okay for this teacher to have called her that.Cant they get fired for something like this? alos make sure that the district does something about this
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Wow that is crazy. I hope it doesn't backfire on her either but something needed to be done. I would of done the exact same thing in your shoes.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would call the superintendent as well as the principal. I would also expect an appolgy from that teacher. If your daughter has more problems with this teacher, I would have her removed from the class.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I hope things work out well, you did the right thing. If the teacher had a problem, she should have told you, not her. Kids have it hard enough these days. The only problem is, teachers usually side with the teachers. I hope that the teachers attitude towards your daughter changes. The teacher shouldn't play favorites. It's wrong.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• NOPE, I would not put up with it. Go to the superintendant ASAP. That is unprofessional behavior period. I would be worried about my child too. I would speak not only with the administrators BUT the teacher as well. Demand she get moved to another class and demand that something more be done to ensure that she does not make your DD's school misirable. Grrrrrr
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Do not speak to the teacher alone. Have someone there who can witness what she says and her reactions. Who knows, the teacher may even try to deny it. Be your Daughters voice and advocate Mama.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think the principle should have you and your daughter there. When she speaks with the teacher. You should also students if they've seen her bein hateful to your daughter. If nothing come out of it don't stop there.Tell your daughter to hold her head up high. That nasty a** teacher is only trying to take her enjoy and get her out of her class. Good Luck!!
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 1:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2010