Calling All Neti Pot users!!

I love using my Neti pot when I get a bit congested. I felt my nose getting stuffy, so I decided to use it before I went to bed. I blew my nose to clear out the passages and I could feel water in my ears!!! How do I get that out? Would using hydrogen peroxide or alcohol help?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• IDK....I would just try to let them clear on their own. Cause the water you used to clean your nasal passages aren't in your ear. I think it's more a pressure thing. I could be wrong, but I do know what you are talking about. Happens to me sometimes, but I never use anything to help my ears...other than letting them pop on their own.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don't think doctors usually recommend putting anything in your ears. Most likely it will clear out on its own. I have used a hair dryer for few seconds when I had water in the outer part of the ear canal, because I had swimmers ear once and had to get some drops for it. Unless it's really painful when you tug on your ear, that's probably not the problem. A lot of pressure could be from a sinus infection, but if it just happened, they probably just need a chance to pop. Sometimes some additional gentle blowing of the nose or chewing gum (things you might do to deal with pressure on an airplane) will help your ears pop faster.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010