• In the Spotlight:

Anyone have any good suggestions to treat back pain in the time between having to sleep in a crappy bed and waiting to buy a new one?

Both my husband and I have been having horrible back pain caused by our very uncomfortable bed. We are going to buy a new one ( We were going to last year and his grandfather heard that we needed a new one and bought us this one. We didn't want to be rude and refuse such a nice gift as he would have gotten very offended, but we just can't take it anymore!) We can't afford one for another couple months, so what are some good ways to treat back pain in the meantime? We give each other massages, use heating pads, and I have found that sleeping with a pillow btwn my legs while on my side helps and elevating my feet while in bed helps. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 9:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• Epsom salt. Soak in a hot bath with some epsom salt. Helps everytime I have muscle aches.
    There are patches you can get that contain capsacin. They heat when applied, so you can wear them under your clothes and they don't stink. One good brand is Salonpas. I think they're japanese, but Walgreen's sells them.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Great, thanks! It's both our muscles and our spines. I've had back pain my whole life (probably bc of these darned big boobies) (And a lot worse since I had an epidural) It's just really bad now that we're in this crappy bed.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010